It was divine intervention that saved a family in the guise of a home security system which they had recently installed. They had no idea that their lives were in danger and are alive today thanks to their carbon monoxide detector. People are usually unable to tell if it is in the air which can lead to being poisoned. A quality detection can stop this silent killer. In this case, the homeowners had a crack in their heater and it was leaking poisonous gas into their home. They received an emergency call from the central station informing them that there had been a carbon monoxide alarm from their home and the fire department was on the way. The home owner had only installed his carbon monoxide detector three weeks ago and it already saved their lives. When the fire department arrived, they had a gas meter and as they through the home, it detected high levels of carbon monoxide. They got the family outside into the fresh air and arranged to have the gas company come to make repairs.

Sadly, without detectors, a family will not know anything is wrong unless they begin feeling ill and by then there is a high chance it is already too late. Some of the most common symptoms include, headaches, fatigue, shortness of breath, nausea and dizziness. The higher the levels, the worse the symptoms become. High level poisoning can result in: mental confusion, vomiting, loss of muscular coordination, loss of consciousness and untimely death. Symptoms are caused by a combination of both the levels and how long the individual(s) are exposed to the poison. Sometimes the combination of the two can be so bad that the victim will not experience the first set of symptoms and jump straight to the severe symptoms. It advisable for home owners and business owners alike to have carbon monoxide detectors installed due to the fact that carbon monoxide lives up to its reputation as the silent killer.

Most recently, there were six people treated for exposure during a cleanup at UCLA. A 30 inch water main broke and caused flooding through the Pauley Pavilion. The exhaust from a generator used to help pump water was the culprit. All affected were treated immediately with no lasting damage. This group was lucky but not everyone will be. It is important to be aware of your surroundings and environment.

Electronic Eye Security provides carbon monoxide etectors and installations along with Smoke Detectors. We provide you with the latest in detectors which are electrochemical. When high levels of gas are detected it creates an electric current that in turn, triggers an alarm. This highly sensitive alarm is considered the most reliable when it comes to carbon monoxide detectors. Even more convenient is the option to be powered by a home source or a battery. You can find more information at or email us at
Article Source:

Article Source: